UTmail+ maintains a directory of all users called the Global Address List (GAL) which can only be searched by registered users of the UTmail+ system. This directory is now divided into three address lists that may or may not be available to you depending on your affiliation and how you access your mail:
- Resource Address Lists (RAL) = Rooms and Equipment.
- People Address Lists (PAL) = People. This address list is comprised as three separate lists: Faculty, students, and alumni.
- Global Address Lists (GAL) = A cumulative view of all individuals in your address lists.
Note: Each user is assigned a RAL and a GAL, but one may have multiple PALs.
The following are examples of what you may see depending on your affiliation:
- Faculty and Staff will be able to see other faculty and staff (except those hidden intentionally), and resources.
- Alumni will not see resources or any other users, except for special Alumni accounts that have been marked as visible to everyone.
- Students will be able to see other students (except those hidden intentionally), Faculty & Staff (except those hidden intentionally) and resources that have been marked for accessible to students.
- Administrators (VIPs) will be able to see all alumni, students & faculty/staff users including other VIPs and all resources (except those hidden intentionally).