Skype for Business in Office 365
Skype for Business has all of Skype’s great features plus: screen sharing, video conferencing, and it is linked to the rest of your Office 365 suite so you can start a call from any application.
Skype for Business Frequently Asked Questions
Take the Skype for Business Essential Training course on Lynda.com:
Description from Lynda.com
Skype for Business is included in Office 365 that allows you to communicate and collaborate with individuals throughout your organization. Skype for Business includes instant messaging, audio and video conferencing, online meetings, and screen sharing. In this course, Nick Brazzi shows how to take advantage of all the capabilities of this robust collaboration platform. Nick begins by showing how to install Skype for Business and navigate the interface. Next, he explains how to send instant messages, initiate audio and video calls, and share and present files in a meeting. Plus, Nick demonstrates how to set up scheduled meetings and impromptu gatherings, and covers how to use Skype for Business via mobile apps for iOS and Android.
- Installing the Skype for Business application
- Touring the interface
- Managing contacts
- Sending instant messages
- Switching between call types
- Starting a call from Outlook 2016 for Windows
- Starting a conversation from Outlook on the web
- Scheduling meetings with the Office 365 calendar
- Joining a scheduled meeting
- Sharing extra content during a call
- Recording a call or meeting
- Using Skype for Business via an iOS or Android mobile app
For tips on troubleshooting any problems you may be experiencing with your speakers using Skype for business, see:
If you have been invited to a Skype meeting and you don’t have a UTmail+ account, you can join as a guest.
This section is under development.
- Installing Skype for Business
- For online meetings
Using Skype for Business Functions
- Setting Presence indicator
- S4B capabilities
- Contacting others
- Contacting Skype for Business users outside U of T
- Contacting regular Skype users
- Recording meetings for replay
You can use Skype for Business to have group meetings without leaving your desk. Have voice only meetings, video meetings, share your screen, and use instant messaging. Plus, it’s linked to the rest of your Office 365 suite so you can start a call from any application.
To learn more about accessing Skype for Business via the web application, visit http://help.ic.utoronto.ca/content/99/2086/en/install-the-skype-for-business-web-app.html
If you have been invited to a Skype meeting through UTmail+, you can join either through the web app, or through the Skype desktop app.
All Office 365 Service Offerings
|Skype for Business|
|Office Pro Plus|