Learn more about the service offerings and what you can do pre- and post-migration to ensure the best possible Office 365 experience.
For more information and detailed instructions, visit the U of T Information Commons Office 365 Help page.
Pre- and Post-Migration FAQs
Pre-Migration (UTORExchange and UTORmail)
For the most up-to-date pre-migration checklists, please visit the Information Commons UTmail+ Pre-Migration page.
To log in to UTmail+
- Go to https://mail.utoronto.ca/ and
- Enter your UTORid and Password
If you are a current U of T faculty, librarian or staff member with an appointment of 20% or more, you have access to full desktop versions and mobile versions of Microsoft Office. You may run Office on up to 5 personal machines (Mac or PC). You can also run the Office Mobile Apps (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) on up to 5 mobile devices (on various platforms). To find out if your mobile device is eligible, log into Office 365 through webmail and choose Office 365 settings from under the settings icon. Click Software then click Phone & Tablet.
For instructions, visit:
If you have an @mail.utoronto.ca or an @alum.utoronto.ca account, it will be merged with your @utoronto.ca account. If you wish to keep incoming messages to each account separate, you will need to create a rule so that messages sent to your @mail.utoronto.ca account are sorted into another folder.
If you are not currently using Outlook 2016, upgrade your software.
- If you are on a managed desktop, this will be done for you.
- If your U of T-owned computer is not managed and you don’t have Outlook 2016, it’s available for free as part of Office through the Microsoft Campus License Agreement (https://onesearch.library.utoronto.ca/node/39405).
- For personal devices, Faculty and Staff have access to Office Pro Plus (https://onesearch-edit.library.utoronto.ca/ic-faq-categories/office-365-proplus)
Your Personal Folders/Local Folders will not be automatically migrated across with your online folders. This is because personal folders sit locally on your computer rather than on the mail server. To keep these folders and contacts, you must re-attach or import them to your new UTmail+ account.
For full instructions, visit:
Script for removing cached credentials in Outlook, and setting the default profile to Office 365.
- Download the ConfigureOutlookPostMigration.zip file and unzip it.
- Find the batch file RunMe-ConfigureOutlookPostMigration.bat and run it.
- If you get an error, please try the following
- Right-click ConfigureOutlookPostMigration.PS1 in the ConfigureOutlookPostMigration folder and select Properties.
- On the General tab, under Security, click the Unblock checkbox.
- Click OK.
- Try running RunMe-ConfigureOutlookPostMigration.bat again